To maintain the value and guarantee the function of your Salamander windows, regular care, cleaning of the glass and profile surfaces, as well as maintenance of the hardware is very important. Because this will ensure a long life of the elements.
Dealing with window sashes
– Regular cleaning of the outside and inside surfaces in addition to the rebate area
– The “Fenosol” cleaning programme is available from your dealer for optimal window care. Use these special cleaners to make your windows really shine and also prevent them from getting dirty again thanks to their antistatic effect.
– Use only standard mild household cleaners (such as washing up liquid) that contain no abrasive additives or solvents to clean the window profiles. Caution: never use nitro thinners or scouring powder!
– Always rinse with clean water
– Annual inspection of gaskets for damage and replacement by a specialist if required
– Inspection and cleaning of gaskets to remove dust, pollen, etc.
– Inspection of drainage systems (slots and holes) for consistency and careful cleaning of openings as required
Care & maintenance of the fittings
– Adjustment work on fittings as well as removal and installation of window sashes
may only be should be carried out only by professionals
– Fittings require regular cleaning
– Fast, residue-free and problem-free removal of possible soiling on the hardware with
the Salamander cleaning and care set
– Available from your specialist dealer: Salamander cleaning and care set for white
and colored windows
– Annual check of all moving parts of the hardware for wear and tear
– Grease the locking parts and locking pins, as well as the stay and corner bearings
with technical corner bearings with technical Vaseline
– Oiling of the locking parts and locking pins, as well as scissor and corner bearings
with corner bearings with maintenance sprays
– Regular inspection and, if necessary, retightening of the hardware fastening screws
You should avoid these cleaning products
– Dissolving substances; e.g. nail polish remover, alcohol or ammonia
– Cleaning substances with orange, lemon or peppermint aroma
– Sulfur-containing substances or similar, e.g. tile cleaner
– Abrasive substances, steel and scouring sponges and microfiber cloths