Data protection declaration
Section 1 Information about collection of personal data
(1) In the following, we provide information about personal data during use of our website. Personal data includes all data that relates to you personally, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behaviour.
(2) The responsible person as per Art. 4 Para. 7 EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is Salamander Industrie-Produkte GmbH, Jakob-Sigle-Strasse 58, 86842 Türkheim/Unterallgäu, Germany, phone: +49 8245 52 0, fax: +49 8245 52 359. You may reach our data protection officer via firstname.lastname@example.org or the following postal address: Salamander Industrie-Produkte GmbH, Jakob-Sigle-Straße 58, D-86842 Türkheim/Unterallgäu.
(3) If we are contacted via e-mail or via the contact form, the data provided by you (your e-mail address, title, last name and first name, post code, and city, as well as your message) will be saved by us to answer your questions. We shall delete the data resulting in this context after storage is no longer required, or we shall limit processing, provided legal storage obligations are present.
(4) If we employ a service provider for individual functions of our offering or would like to use your data for advertising purposes, then we shall inform you in detail as indicated below concerning the respective processes. In this case, we shall also indicate the specified criteria for the storage duration.
Section 2 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights vis-a-vis us with regard to personal data related to you:
– Right to information
– Right to correction or deletion
– Right to limitation of processing
– Right to object to processing
– Right to data transfer
(2) You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority regarding processing of your personal data by us.
Section 3 Collection of personal data whil visiting our website
(1) In case of purely informational use of the website, i.e. if you do not register or provide us information in another way, then we shall only collect personal data that is provided by your browser to our server. If you would like to view our website, we shall collect the following data, which is required by us technically to display our website to you and to ensure its stability and security (the legal basis for this is provided by Art. 6 Para. 1 P. 1 lit. f GDPR):
– IP address
– Date and time of request
– Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
– Content of the request (specific page)
– Access status/HTTP status code
– respective transferred data quantity
– Website from which the request originates
– Operating system and its interface
– Language and version of the browser software
(2) In addition to the previously indicated data, cookies shall be saved on your computer via your use of our website. Cookies are small text files that are saved on your hard drive by the browser used by you and which provide certain information to the location that sets the cookies (in this case by us). Cookies cannot execute programs or transfer viruses to your computer. They are used to make the website more user-friendly and more effective.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, which are explained in terms of scope and functionality in the following:
– Transient cookies (refer to b)
– Persistent cookies (refer to c)
b) Transient cookies are deleted automatically when you close the browser. In particular, this includes session cookies. These store a so-called session ID, which enables different requests by your browser to be assigned to a common session. This enables your computer to be recognised again, if you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are deleted automatically after a pre-set duration, which may differ depending on the cookie. You may delete the cookies in the security setting of your browser at any time.
d) You can configure your browser settings according to your needs and reject the acceptance of third-party cookies or all cookies. We indicate that you may not be able to use all functions of this website.
Section 4 Integration of Google Maps
(1) We use the services of Google Maps on this website. This allows us to display interactive maps directly on the website, which enables comfortable use of the map function.
(2) By visiting the website Google receives information that you have accessed the corresponding page of our website. The data indicated in Section 3 of this declaration are also transmitted. This takes place independent of whether Google possesses a user account that you are logged into or if no user account is present. If you are logged into Google, then your data shall be assigned directly to your account. If you do not want assignment to your Google profile, then you must log out before activating the button. Google stores your data as a usage profile and uses it for purposes of advertising, market research, and/or needs-based design of its website. In particular, evaluation of this kind takes place (even for users who are not logged in) to provide needs-based advertising and to inform other users of social networks about your activities on our website. You have the right to reject formation of this user profile, whereby you must contact Google to exercise this right.
(3) Additional information about the purpose and scope of the data collection and its processing by the plug-in provider is available to you via the data protection declaration of the provider. This also includes additional information about your relevant rights and possible settings options to protect your privacy: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de. Google also processes your personal data in the USA and has subjected itself to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
Section 5 Use of Social Media Plug-ins
(1) We currently use the following social media plug-ins: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram. We use the so-called two-click solution in this case. This means that if you visit our page, essentially no personal data will be provided to the provider of the plug-in. The provider of the plug-in is indicated to you by the marking on the box featuring the first letter of its name or its logo. We provide you the option to communicate directly with the provider of the plug-in via the button. Only when you click the marked area and activate it shall the plug-in provider receive the information that you have accessed the corresponding website of our website. The data indicated in Section 3 of this declaration are also transmitted. In case of Facebook, the IP address is anonymised immediately after collection, according to the respective provider in Germany. By activating the plug-in, personal data shall be transferred from you to the respective plug-in provider and stored there (in the USA in case of US providers). Because the plug-in provider collected data using special cookies, we recommend deleting all of your cookies via the security settings in your browser before clicking on the greyed-out box.
(2) We don’t have any influence on the data that is collected a the data processing procedures, and we are also unaware of the full scope of the data collection, purposes of processing, storage periods. We also do not have information about deletion of the collected data by the plug-in provider.
(3) The plug-in provider stores data about you that is collected as a usage profile and uses it for purposes of advertising, market research, and/or needs-based design of its website. In particular, evaluation of this kind takes place (also for users who are not logged in) to display needs-based advertising and to inform other users of social networks about your activities on our website. You have the right to reject formation of this user profile, whereby you must contact the respective plug-in provider to exercise this right. These plug-ins enable us to provide you the option to interact with social networks and other users, which helps us to improve our services and make them more interesting for users. The legal basis for use of the plug-in is provided by Art. 6 Para. 1 P. 1 lit. f GDPR.
(4) The data transmission takes place no matter whether you possess an account with the plug-in provider and are logged into it. If you are logged into your account with the plug-in provider, then your data collected by us shall be assigned directly to your account with the plug-in provider. If you press the activated button and link the page, the plug-in provider also stores this information in your user account and shares your contacts publicly. We recommend logging out normally after using a social network, especially prior to activation of the button, since this enables you to avoid assignment of your profile with the plug-in provider.
(5) Additional information about the purpose and scope of the data collection and its processing by the plug-in provider is available to you via the following data protection declaration of this provider. This also includes additional information about your relevant rights and possible settings options to protect your privacy.
(6) Addresses of the respective plug-in providers and URLs with their data protection instructions:
a) Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA; http://www.facebook.com/policy.php; further information about data collection: http://www.facebook.com/help/186325668085084, http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other#applications, and http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info#everyoneinfo. Facebook has subjected itself to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
b) Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, California 94103, USA; https://twitter.com/privacy. Twitter has subjected itself to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
c) LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, California 94043, USA; http://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy. LinkedIn has subjected itself to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
d) Instagram; Facebook Ireland Limited, 4 Grand Canal Square, Dublin 2, Ireland; https://help.instagram.com/519522125107875
Section 6 Use of Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”, which are text files that are stored on your computer to help the website analyse your use of the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website are normally transmitted to a Google server in the United States and stored there. In case of activation of IP anonymisation on this website, Google will nevertheless abbreviate your IP address within Member States of the European Union or in other contract states of the agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases, the full IP address is sent to and shortened by Google servers in the USA. On behalf of the website provider, Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage to the website provider.
(2) Google will not associate the IP address provided by your browser with any other data within the scope of Google Analytics.
(3) You may refuse storage of the cookies via a corresponding setting in your browser software; nevertheless, we indicate to you that in this case, not all functions of this website may be fully available to you for use. You may also prevent collection and use of the data about your use of the website provided by the cookie (including your IP address) and processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available via the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension “anonymizeIp()”. This processes IP addresses abbreviated, which enables personal relation to be ruled out. If the data collected about you results in personal relation, then this shall therefore be excluded immediately, and the personal data shall be deleted immediately.
(5) We use Google Analytics to analyse use of our website and regularly improve it. The statistics that are gained may also be used to improve our own services and design them to be more interesting to you as a user. In exceptional cases, where personal data is transferred to the USA, Google has subjected itself to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for use of Google Analytics is provided by Art. 6 Para. 1 P. 1 lit. f GDPR.
(6) Information about the third-party provider: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001. User conditions: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.html, Data protection overview: http://www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/learn/privacy.html, and the Data Protection Declaration: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de.
Section 7 Intgration of vimeo videos
(1) We use the provider Vimeo, among others, for integration of videos. Vimeo is operated by Vimeo, LLC, located at in 555 West 18th Street, New York, New York 10011.
(2) Several of our web pages use plug-ins from the provider Vimeo. If you access a web page of our website featuring a plug-in of this kind, this establishes a connection with the Vimeo servers to display the plug-in. This communicates which of our web pages you have visited to the Vimeo server. If you are logged into Vimeo as a member, Vimeo shall assign this information to your personal user account. If the plug-in is used, e.g. clicking the start button of a video, this information will also be assigned to your user account. You can prevent this assignment by logging out of your Vimeo user account before using our website and deleting the corresponding Vimeo cookies.
(3) To learn more about the purpose and scope of data collection and the further processing and usage of data by Vimeo and your rights and settings options for protecting your privacy in this regard, please refer to the data protection notice provided by Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/privacy
Section 8 Google Web Fonts
This site uses so-called Web Fonts for unified display of the fonts, which are provided by Google. When accessing a page, your browser loads the required Web Fonts into your browser’s cache to display text and typesets correctly. For this purpose, the browser used by you must establish connect with Google’s servers. In this case, Google receives information about your IP address as it accesses our website. Google web fonts are used in the interest of a unified and attractive display of our online offers. This represents a justified interest in the context of Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
If your browser does not support Web Fonts, then your computer will use a standard font. Further information about Google Web Fonts is provided at https://developers.google.com/fonts/faq and in the data protection declaration provided by Google: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de.
Section 9 Use of Google Ads Conversion
(1) We use the services of Google Ads to advertise our attractive services on external websites with the help of advertisements (so-called Google Ads). In relation to data provided by these advertising campaigns, we are able to determine how successful the individual advertising measures are. We therefore pursue our interest in displaying your advertisements that are of interest to you, designing our website to be more interesting to you, and achieving a fair calculation of advertising costs.
(2) These advertisements shall be provided by Google via a so-called “Ad Server”. In this case, we use Ad Server cookies, which utilise certain parameters to measure success, display of the advertisements, or clicks by the user. If you access our website via a Google advertisement, Google Ads will save a cookie on your PC. These cookies normally become invalid after 30 days and should not be used to identify you personally. The unique cookie ID, number of ad impressions per placement (frequency), last impression (relevant for post view conversions), and opt-out information (marking that the user no longer wants to respond) are normally saved as analysis values for this cookie.
(3) These cookies enable Google to recognise your Internet browser again. If a user visits certain pages of the website of an Ads customer and the cookies saved on his computer is not yet expired, then Google and the customer are able to recognise that the user has clicked the advertisement and was forwarded to this page. Every Ads customer is assigned a different cookie. Cookies therefore cannot be followed via the websites of Ads customers. We ourselves do not collect and process any personal data via the indicated advertising measures. We only receive statistical evaluations from Google. Using these evaluations, we can detect which of the advertising measures used are especially effective. We do not receive any data that goes beyond this resulting from the use of advertising, and in particular, we cannot identify the user using this information.
(4) On the basis of the marketing tools that are used, your browser automatically establishes a direct connection with Google’s servers. We do not have any influence on the scope and further use of the data that is collected through the use of this tool by Google, and we therefore inform you according to our knowledge: Through the integration of Ads Conversion, Google receives information that you have accessed the corresponding part of our website or clicked on one of our advertisements. If you are registered for a Google service, Google is able to assign your visit to your account. Even if you are not registered with Google or you have not logged in, it is possible that the provider may recognise your IP address and save it.
(5) You may prevent participant in this tracking process in a variety of ways:
a) using a corresponding setting in your browser software, you may suppress third-party cookies in particular, whereby you will not receive third-party advertisements;
b) by deactivating the cookies for conversion tracking via settings in your browser, whereby cookies from the domain “www.googleadservices.com” shall be blocked, https://www.google.de/settings/ads, although this setting is deleted when you delete your cookies;
c) by deactivating the interest-related advertisements of the provider, which are part of the self-regulated campaign “About Ads”, via the link http://www.aboutads.info/choices, although this setting is deleted when you delete your cookies;
d) by permanently deactivation in your browser, e.g. Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Google Chrome via the link http://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin. We indicate to you that in this case, not all functions of these services may be able to be used completely.
(6) The legal basis for processing your data is provided by Art. 6 Para. 1 P. 1 lit. f GDPR. Additional information about Google’s own data protection is provided here: http://www.google.com/intl/de/policies/privacy and https://services.google.com/sitestats/de.html. Alternatively, you may visit the website of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) at http://www.networkadvertising.org. Google has subjected itself to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
Section 10 Use of the Online shop
(1) The online shop may only be used by our customers. If you would like to use this, then you must register with us via your responsible contact partner. After corresponding examination, you will receive a password from us, which enables your to log into the online shop together with your e-mail address. If you would like to order via our online shop, contract completion requires that you indicate your personal data, which we shall use to process your order. The data provided by you is processed by us to complete your order. In this context, your address data is provided to an employed shipping partner, and your payment data are provided to our company’s bank as required. The legal basis for this is provided by Art. 6 Para. 1 P. 1 lit. b GDPR. We may also process the data provided by you to inform you about other interesting products from our portfolio. We use available information for this purpose, e.g. involving the products that you have viewed. If you do not want to receive personalised advertising, then you may object at any time by sending a message to the contact data indicated in Section 1. According to legal commercial and tax regulations, we are obligated to save your address, payment, and ordering data for a duration of ten years. These will be deleted after expiry of the storage obligations.
(2) All data required for the ordering process is transmitted encrypted.
Section 11 Use of our login area
If you would like to use documents from our download area or the planning tool as a customer, then you will find these in our login area “mySalamander”. In this case, you must register by indicating your company and personal data, including a password selected by you, by logging in via https://www.salamander-windows.com/en/mysalamander/home. For this registration process, we use the double opt-in process, i.e. your registration will only be completed if you click the link included in a confirmation e-mail sent to you for this purpose following your registration. Once your information has been checked successfully by a Salamander contact partner, your account for the login area “mySalamander” will be enabled. Otherwise, this will remain blocked. After creating an account for “mySalamander” as well as when using the planning tool, the data indicated by you will be saved irrevocably.
Section 12 Use of Facebook pixel
This website uses the visitor action pixel provided by Facebook, Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA (“Facebook”) for conversion measurement. This enables the behaviour of page visitors to be followed and evaluated for statistical and market research purposes. The data collected for us as the operator of this website are anonymous, and we cannot use them to draw conclusions about the identity of users. Data may be saved and processed by Facebook, in which case a connection to the respective user profile is possible and Facebook may use the data for its own advertising purposes in accordance with Facebook’s data usage guidelines. This enables Facebook to activate advertisements on Facebook pages and outside of Facebook. Use of this data cannot be influenced by us as the page operator.
Facebook’s data protection notice offers more details regarding protection of your privacy: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/.
The “Custom Audiences” re-marketing function can be deactivated in the advertising settings available at https://www.facebook.com/ads/preferences/?entry_product=ad_settings_screen. Logging in to Facebook is required for this.
Without a Facebook account, use-based advertising from Facebook may be deactivated on the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance website: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/de/praferenzmanagement/.
Section 13 Facebook Plug-ins (Like & Share buttons)
This website may integrate plug-ins from the Facebook social network, provided by Facebook Inc., 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, California 94025, USA. The Facebook plug-ins can be recognised by the Facebook logo or the “Like button”. An overview of Facebook plug-ins is available here: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/.
While visiting the page, the plug-in may produce a direct connection between the browser and the Facebook server. Facebook therefore receives information about the IP address. Use of the Facebook “Like button” and the existing Facebook login enables the contents of this website to be linked to Facebook profiles. The website operator has no knowledge of the contents of the transferred data and their use by Facebook. More information is available in the Facebook data protection declaration at: https://de-de.facebook.com/policy.php.
The assignment of use data to a personal Facebook profile can be prevented by logging out of Facebook.
Copyright © Salamander Industrie – Produkte GmbH
All rights reserved