Data protection declaration
§ 1 Information about collection of personal data
(1) In the following, we provide information about personal data during use of our website. Personal data includes all data that relates to you personally, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behaviour.
(2) The responsible person as per Art. 4 Para. 7 EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is Salamander Industrie-Produkte GmbH, Jakob-Sigle-Strasse 58, 86842 Türkheim/Unterallgäu, Germany, phone: +49 8245 52 0, fax: +49 8245 52 359. You may reach our data protection officer via email@example.com or the following postal address: Salamander Industrie-Produkte GmbH, Jakob-Sigle-Straße 58, D-86842 Türkheim/Unterallgäu.
(3) If we are contacted via e-mail or via the contact form, the data provided by you (your e-mail address, title, last name and first name, post code, and city, as well as your message) will be saved by us to answer your questions. We shall delete the data resulting in this context after storage is no longer required, or we shall limit processing, provided legal storage obligations are present.
(4) If we employ a service provider for individual functions of our offering or would like to use your data for advertising purposes, then we shall inform you in detail as indicated below concerning the respective processes. In this case, we shall also indicate the specified criteria for the storage duration.
§ 2 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights vis-a-vis us with regard to personal data related to you:
– Right to information
– Right to correction or deletion
– Right to limitation of processing
– Right to object to processing
– Right to data transfer
(2) You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority regarding processing of your personal data by us.
§ 3 Collection of personal data while visiting our website
(1) In case of purely informational use of the website, i.e. if you do not register or provide us information in another way, then we shall only collect personal data that is provided by your browser to our server. If you would like to view our website, we shall collect the following data, which is required by us technically to display our website to you and to ensure its stability and security (the legal basis for this is provided by Art. 6 Para. 1 P. 1 lit. f GDPR):
– IP address
– Date and time of request
– Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
– Content of the request (specific page)
– Access status/HTTP status code
– respective transferred data quantity
– Website from which the request originates
– Operating system and its interface
– Language and version of the browser software
(2) In addition to the previously indicated data, cookies shall be saved on your computer via your use of our website. Cookies are small text files that are saved on your hard drive by the browser used by you and which provide certain information to the location that sets the cookies (in this case by us). Cookies cannot execute programs or transfer viruses to your computer. They are used to make the website more user-friendly and more effective.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, which are explained in terms of scope and functionality in the following:
– Transient cookies (refer to b)
– Persistent cookies (refer to c)
b) Transient cookies are deleted automatically when you close the browser. In particular, this includes session cookies. These store a so-called session ID, which enables different requests by your browser to be assigned to a common session. This enables your computer to be recognised again, if you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are deleted automatically after a pre-set duration, which may differ depending on the cookie. You may delete the cookies in the security setting of your browser at any time.
d) You can configure your browser settings according to your needs and reject the acceptance of third-party cookies or all cookies. We indicate that you may not be able to use all functions of this website.
§ 4 Use of Social Media Plug-ins
(1) We currently use the following social media plug-ins: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram. We use the so-called two-click solution in this case. This means that if you visit our page, essentially no personal data will be provided to the provider of the plug-in. The provider of the plug-in is indicated to you by the marking on the box featuring the first letter of its name or its logo. We provide you the option to communicate directly with the provider of the plug-in via the button. Only when you click the marked area and activate it shall the plug-in provider receive the information that you have accessed the corresponding website of our website. The data indicated in Section 3 of this declaration are also transmitted. In case of Facebook, the IP address is anonymised immediately after collection, according to the respective provider in Germany. By activating the plug-in, personal data shall be transferred from you to the respective plug-in provider and stored there (in the USA in case of US providers). Because the plug-in provider collected data using special cookies, we recommend deleting all of your cookies via the security settings in your browser before clicking on the greyed-out box.
(2) We don’t have any influence on the data that is collected a the data processing procedures, and we are also unaware of the full scope of the data collection, purposes of processing, storage periods. We also do not have information about deletion of the collected data by the plug-in provider.
(3) The plug-in provider stores data about you that is collected as a usage profile and uses it for purposes of advertising, market research, and/or needs-based design of its website. In particular, evaluation of this kind takes place (also for users who are not logged in) to display needs-based advertising and to inform other users of social networks about your activities on our website. You have the right to reject formation of this user profile, whereby you must contact the respective plug-in provider to exercise this right. These plug-ins enable us to provide you the option to interact with social networks and other users, which helps us to improve our services and make them more interesting for users. The legal basis for use of the plug-in is provided by Art. 6 Para. 1 P. 1 lit. f GDPR.
(4) The data transmission takes place no matter whether you possess an account with the plug-in provider and are logged into it. If you are logged into your account with the plug-in provider, then your data collected by us shall be assigned directly to your account with the plug-in provider. If you press the activated button and link the page, the plug-in provider also stores this information in your user account and shares your contacts publicly. We recommend logging out normally after using a social network, especially prior to activation of the button, since this enables you to avoid assignment of your profile with the plug-in provider.
(5) Additional information about the purpose and scope of the data collection and its processing by the plug-in provider is available to you via the following data protection declaration of this provider. This also includes additional information about your relevant rights and possible settings options to protect your privacy.
(6) Addresses of the respective plug-in providers and URLs with their data protection instructions:
a) Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA; http://www.facebook.com/policy.php; further information about data collection: http://www.facebook.com/help/186325668085084, http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other#applications, and http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info#everyoneinfo.
b) Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, California 94103, USA; https://twitter.com/privacy.
c) LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, California 94043, USA; http://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy.
d) Instagram; Facebook Ireland Limited, 4 Grand Canal Square, Dublin 2, Ireland; https://help.instagram.com/519522125107875
§ 5 Use of Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”, which are text files that are stored on your computer to help the website analyse your use of the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website are normally transmitted to a Google server in the United States and stored there. In case of activation of IP anonymisation on this website, Google will nevertheless abbreviate your IP address within Member States of the European Union or in other contract states of the agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases, the full IP address is sent to and shortened by Google servers in the USA. On behalf of the website provider, Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage to the website provider.
(2) Google will not associate the IP address provided by your browser with any other data within the scope of Google Analytics.
(3) You may refuse storage of the cookies via a corresponding setting in your browser software; nevertheless, we indicate to you that in this case, not all functions of this website may be fully available to you for use. You may also prevent collection and use of the data about your use of the website provided by the cookie (including your IP address) and processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available via the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension “anonymizeIp()”. This processes IP addresses abbreviated, which enables personal relation to be ruled out. If the data collected about you results in personal relation, then this shall therefore be excluded immediately, and the personal data shall be deleted immediately.
(5) We use Google Analytics to analyse use of our website and regularly improve it. The statistics that are gained may also be used to improve our own services and design them to be more interesting to you as a user.
(6) Information about the third-party provider: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001. User conditions: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.html, Data protection overview: http://www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/learn/privacy.html, and the Data Protection Declaration: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de.
§ 6 Integration of Vimeo videos
(1) We use the provider Vimeo, among others, for the integration of videos. Vimeo is operated by Vimeo, LLC, headquartered at 555 West 18th Street, New York, New York 10011.
(2) We use plug-ins from the provider Vimeo on some of our websites. When you access the web pages of our website that have such a plug-in, a connection to the Vimeo servers is established and the plug-in is displayed. This tells the Vimeo server which of our web pages you have visited. If you are logged in to Vimeo as a member, Vimeo assigns this information to your personal user account. When you use the plug-in, e.g. by clicking on the start button of a video, this information is also assigned to your user account. You can prevent this assignment by logging out of your Vimeo user account before using our website and deleting the corresponding cookies from Vimeo.
(3) The purpose and scope of the data collection and the further processing and use of the data by Vimeo as well as your rights in this regard and setting options to protect your privacy can be found in Vimeo's data protection information: https://vimeo.com/privacy
§ 7 Google Web Fonts
This site uses so-called web fonts provided by Google for the uniform display of fonts. When you access a page, your browser loads the required web fonts into your browser cache in order to display texts and fonts correctly. For this purpose, the browser you are using must connect to Google's servers. This informs Google that our website has been accessed via your IP address. The use of Google Web Fonts is in the interest of a uniform and appealing presentation of our online offers. This constitutes a legitimate interest within the meaning of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR. If your browser does not support web fonts, a standard font will be used by your computer.
§ 8 Use of Google Ads Conversion
(1) We use the services of Google Ads to advertise our attractive services on external websites with the help of advertisements (so-called Google Ads). In relation to data provided by these advertising campaigns, we are able to determine how successful the individual advertising measures are. We therefore pursue our interest in displaying your advertisements that are of interest to you, designing our website to be more interesting to you, and achieving a fair calculation of advertising costs.
(2) These advertisements shall be provided by Google via a so-called “Ad Server”. In this case, we use Ad Server cookies, which utilise certain parameters to measure success, display of the advertisements, or clicks by the user. If you access our website via a Google advertisement, Google Ads will save a cookie on your PC. These cookies normally become invalid after 30 days and should not be used to identify you personally. The unique cookie ID, number of ad impressions per placement (frequency), last impression (relevant for post view conversions), and opt-out information (marking that the user no longer wants to respond) are normally saved as analysis values for this cookie.
(3) These cookies enable Google to recognise your Internet browser again. If a user visits certain pages of the website of an Ads customer and the cookies saved on his computer is not yet expired, then Google and the customer are able to recognise that the user has clicked the advertisement and was forwarded to this page. Every Ads customer is assigned a different cookie. Cookies therefore cannot be followed via the websites of Ads customers. We ourselves do not collect and process any personal data via the indicated advertising measures. We only receive statistical evaluations from Google. Using these evaluations, we can detect which of the advertising measures used are especially effective. We do not receive any data that goes beyond this resulting from the use of advertising, and in particular, we cannot identify the user using this information.
(4) On the basis of the marketing tools that are used, your browser automatically establishes a direct connection with Google’s servers. We do not have any influence on the scope and further use of the data that is collected through the use of this tool by Google, and we therefore inform you according to our knowledge: Through the integration of Ads Conversion, Google receives information that you have accessed the corresponding part of our website or clicked on one of our advertisements. If you are registered for a Google service, Google is able to assign your visit to your account. Even if you are not registered with Google or you have not logged in, it is possible that the provider may recognise your IP address and save it.
(5) You may prevent participant in this tracking process in a variety of ways:
a) using a corresponding setting in your browser software, you may suppress third-party cookies in particular, whereby you will not receive third-party advertisements;
b) by deactivating the cookies for conversion tracking via settings in your browser, whereby cookies from the domain “www.googleadservices.com” shall be blocked, https://www.google.de/settings/ads, although this setting is deleted when you delete your cookies;
c) by deactivating the interest-related advertisements of the provider, which are part of the self-regulated campaign “About Ads”, via the link http://www.aboutads.info/choices, although this setting is deleted when you delete your cookies;
d) by permanently deactivation in your browser, e.g. Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Google Chrome via the link http://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin. We indicate to you that in this case, not all functions of these services may be able to be used completely.
(6) The legal basis for processing your data is provided by Art. 6 Para. 1 P. 1 lit. f GDPR. Additional information about Google’s own data protection is provided here: http://www.google.com/intl/de/policies/privacy and https://services.google.com/sitestats/de.html. Alternatively, you may visit the website of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) at http://www.networkadvertising.org.
§ 9 Use of the Online shop
(1) The online shop may only be used by our customers. If you would like to use this, then you must register with us via your responsible contact partner. After corresponding examination, you will receive a password from us, which enables your to log into the online shop together with your e-mail address. If you would like to order via our online shop, contract completion requires that you indicate your personal data, which we shall use to process your order. The data provided by you is processed by us to complete your order. In this context, your address data is provided to an employed shipping partner, and your payment data are provided to our company’s bank as required. The legal basis for this is provided by Art. 6 Para. 1 P. 1 lit. b GDPR. We may also process the data provided by you to inform you about other interesting products from our portfolio. We use available information for this purpose, e.g. involving the products that you have viewed. If you do not want to receive personalised advertising, then you may object at any time by sending a message to the contact data indicated in Section 1. According to legal commercial and tax regulations, we are obligated to save your address, payment, and ordering data for a duration of ten years. These will be deleted after expiry of the storage obligations.
(2) All data required for the ordering process is transmitted encrypted.
§ 10 Use of our login area
If you would like to use documents from our download area or the planning tool as a customer, then you will find these in our login area “mySalamander”. In this case, you must register by indicating your company and personal data, including a password selected by you, by logging in via https://www.salamander-windows.com/en/mysalamander/register. For this registration process, we use the double opt-in process, i.e. your registration will only be completed if you click the link included in a confirmation e-mail sent to you for this purpose following your registration. Once your information has been checked successfully by a Salamander contact partner, your account for the login area “mySalamander” will be enabled. Otherwise, this will remain blocked. After creating an account for “mySalamander” as well as when using the planning tool, the data indicated by you will be saved irrevocably.
§ 11 Use of Facebook pixel
This website uses the visitor action pixel provided by Facebook, Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA (“Facebook”) for conversion measurement. This enables the behaviour of page visitors to be followed and evaluated for statistical and market research purposes. The data collected for us as the operator of this website are anonymous, and we cannot use them to draw conclusions about the identity of users. Data may be saved and processed by Facebook, in which case a connection to the respective user profile is possible and Facebook may use the data for its own advertising purposes in accordance with Facebook’s data usage guidelines. This enables Facebook to activate advertisements on Facebook pages and outside of Facebook. Use of this data cannot be influenced by us as the page operator.
Facebook’s data protection notice offers more details regarding protection of your privacy: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/.
The “Custom Audiences” re-marketing function can be deactivated in the advertising settings available at https://www.facebook.com/ads/preferences/?entry_product=ad_settings_screen. Logging in to Facebook is required for this.
Without a Facebook account, use-based advertising from Facebook may be deactivated on the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance website: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/de/praferenzmanagement/.
§ 12 Facebook Plug-ins (Like & Share buttons)
This website may integrate plug-ins from the Facebook social network, provided by Facebook Inc., 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, California 94025, USA. The Facebook plug-ins can be recognised by the Facebook logo or the “Like button”. An overview of Facebook plug-ins is available here: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/.
While visiting the page, the plug-in may produce a direct connection between the browser and the Facebook server. Facebook therefore receives information about the IP address. Use of the Facebook “Like button” and the existing Facebook login enables the contents of this website to be linked to Facebook profiles. The website operator has no knowledge of the contents of the transferred data and their use by Facebook. More information is available in the Facebook data protection declaration at: https://de-de.facebook.com/policy.php.
The assignment of use data to a personal Facebook profile can be prevented by logging out of Facebook.
§ 13 Salamander is in Search of the Most Beautiful Reference Photo
(1) Scope of processing
Salamander Industrie-Produkte GmbH is offering its customers or employees the opportunity to take part in the online photo contest “Salamander is in Search of the Most Beautiful Reference Photo”.
In order to be able to take part in the competition, the following data is collected from the customer or the employee:
Location and information on the reference property (location/country, new construction/renovation, profile system, number of windows/doors, object name, challenges, image description)
where the fields marked with an asterisk * are mandatory fields
(2) Purpose of processing
The data is collected for the purpose of running the competition.
(3) Recipients of the data
Your above mentioned data will be made available to the responsible persons in charge as well as individual employees who are involved in the implementation of the competition. A transfer of data to a third country cannot be excluded due to the publication of the winner in social media such as Facebook and LinkedIn.
(4) Storage period
We process and store your data for as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the above-mentioned purposes, in particular, our contractual and legal obligations. If the data is no longer required for the fulfilment of these purposes and our obligations, it is regularly erased, unless its temporary further processing is necessary for the following purposes:
Fulfilment of commercial and tax retention obligations:
The Handelsgesetzbuch [German commercial code] and the Abgabenordnung [German tax code] should be mentioned in particular. The periods for storage and documentation specified there are six to ten years.
Preservation of evidence within the framework of the statutory limitation periods:
Pursuant to Sec. 195 et seqq. Bürgerlichen Gesetzbuch [German civil code] (BGB), these limitation periods can be up to 30 years, whereby the regular limitation period is three years.
(5) Legal basis
Your consent in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 (a) GDPR serves as the legal basis for processing the data.
(6) Existence of automated decision-making including profiling
Such a procedure is not used.
§14 Use of your data on the business card
(1) Who is responsible for the use of your personal data by the Salamander Group? Salamander Industrie-Produkte GmbH (Salamander for short) or one of its subsidiaries is responsible for the use of your personal data: Salamander Industrie-Produkte GmbH
(2) How do we collect your data?
We collect your data by scanning your business card with the "myStand Leads" tool (see 3.).
(3) What do we use your data for?
Salamander Industrie-Produkte GmbH would like to use your data on your business cards to contact you in the future and to provide you with the information and offers you have requested and, if you have consented to this, for advertising purposes.
(4) We collect your data to the following extent:
Company / employer
Telephone number / mobile number
(5) We use your data as part of the preparation of the offer and the provision of the information requested by you, as part of pre-contractual measures (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR), insofar as we have a legitimate interest in the processing (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR) and as part of the consent given by you (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR).
(6) You can withdraw your consent at any time. A message in text form (e.g. letter, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org) to Salamander Industrie-Produkte GmbH, Jakob-Sigle-Str. 58, 86842 Türkheim is sufficient for this purpose
(7) What rights do you have regarding your data?
You have the right to receive information about the origin, recipient and purpose of your stored personal data free of charge at any time. You also have the right to request the correction of this data. Furthermore, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.
You can contact us at any time at email@example.com if you have any further questions on the subject of data protection.
(8) With whom do we share your data?
We process your data in the "myStand Leads" tool from the provider myStand technology GmbH, Bergweg 7, D-04356 Leipzig, on whose systems we store your data.
The app is a technical infrastructure that Salamander uses to read business cards and similar contact information with a mobile device and to store and export the information contained on the business card in an electronic contact in the app. Your data is processed exclusively in data centers in the EU. We have also concluded an order processing contract with the provider for this purpose.
Your data is then transferred to Salamander's Customer Relationship Management System (CRM) and deleted from the "myStand Leads" system.
For further contact, we process your data in the "Maileon" tool of the provider XQueue GmbH, Christian-Pleiß-Str. 11-13, 63069 Offenbach am Main, on whose systems we store your data. This tool provides a technical infrastructure that Salamander can use to send emails and newsletters. Your data is processed exclusively in data centers in the EU. We have also concluded an order processing contract with the provider for this purpose.
(9) E-mail advertising via newsletter
When you register for the newsletter, your e-mail address will be used for our own advertising purposes until you unsubscribe from the newsletter. The registration was successful if you click on the confirmation link that we send to the email address you have provided after subscribing to the newsletter.
You can, of course, unsubscribe at any time with effect for the future via the corresponding link contained in every newsletter.
We store the information (such as subscriptions and unsubscriptions) and preferences relating to your newsletter subscription.
(10) General notes and mandatory information
Note on the responsible body
The responsible body for data collection in the area of e-mail traffic with the Salamander Group is
Salamander Industrie-Produkte GmbH
The controller is the natural or legal person who alone or jointly with others determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data (e.g. names, e-mail addresses, etc.).
Data protection officer required by law
We have appointed a data protection officer for our company.
Data protection officer
Salamander Industrial Products GmbH
Data retention period
We store your data in accordance with the statutory retention periods. If you have requested an offer from us, we will store your data for 6 years and for 10 years in the case of an order.
Withdrawal of your consent to data processing
Many data processing operations are only possible with your express consent. You can withdraw your consent at any time. The legality of the data processing carried out until the revocation remains unaffected by the revocation.
Right to object to the collection of data in special cases and to direct marketing (Art. 21 GDPR)
IF YOUR PERSONAL DATA ARE PROCESSED FOR THE PURPOSE OF DIRECT MARKETING, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO OBJECT AT ANY TIME TO THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA CONCERNING YOU FOR THE PURPOSE OF SUCH MARKETING; THIS ALSO APPLIES TO PROFILING TO THE EXTENT THAT IT IS RELATED TO SUCH DIRECT MARKETING. IF YOU OBJECT, YOUR PERSONAL DATA WILL SUBSEQUENTLY NO LONGER BE USED FOR THE PURPOSE OF DIRECT MARKETING (OBJECTION PURSUANT TO ART. 21 PARA. 2 GDPR).
Right to data portability
You have the right to have data that we process automatically on the basis of your consent handed over to you or to a third party in a commonly used, machine-readable format. If you request the direct transfer of the data to another controller, this will only take place if it is technically feasible.
Information, erasure and rectification
Your personal data will remain with us until you ask us to delete it, revoke your consent to storage or the purpose for data storage no longer applies (e.g. after your request has been processed). Mandatory statutory provisions - in particular retention periods under tax and commercial law - remain unaffected.
You have the right to receive information about the origin, recipient and purpose of your stored personal data free of charge at any time. You also have the right to object, the right to data portability and the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority. Furthermore, you can request the correction, deletion and, under certain circumstances, the restriction of the processing of your personal data.
Right to restriction of processing
You have the right to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data. To do so, you can contact us at any time at the address given in the legal notice. The right to restriction of processing exists in the following cases:
If you dispute the accuracy of your personal data stored by us, we generally need time to verify this. For the duration of the review, you have the right to request that the processing of your personal data be restricted.
If the processing of your personal data was/is unlawful, you can request the restriction of data processing instead of erasure.
If we no longer need your personal data, but you need it for the exercise, defense or assertion of legal claims, you have the right to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data instead of its erasure.
If you have lodged an objection in accordance with Art. 21 para. 1 GDPR, a balance must be struck between your interests and ours. As long as it has not yet been determined whose interests prevail, you have the right to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data.
If you have restricted the processing of your personal data, this data - apart from its storage - may only be processed with your consent or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person or for reasons of important public interest of the European Union or of a Member State.
Right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority
In the event of violations of the GDPR, data subjects have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of their habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged violation. The right to lodge a complaint is without prejudice to other administrative or judicial remedies.